Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nana's Pork Chops

My Nana's pork chops are one of the best, and one of the easiest, recipes that I make. I forgot to take a picture, but here is the recipe regardless. Bon appetit!!

1 onion
2 pork chops
bread crumbs

1. Cut up onion and saute in oil until brown. Then transfer to a plate and put aside.
2. Coat pork chops with Italian bread crumbs (Italian panko also work well) and saute in a tiny bit of oil until brown on both sides.
3. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning while browning.
4. Turn heat to simmer and put onion on top of pork chops.
5. Add about 1/2 cup water (fill pan about 1/2 inch) and cover.
6. Cook about 1.5 hours on top of stove.
7. Check to see if more water is needed occasionally, do not let the pan go dry.

There will be gravy leftover. I typically serve with a vegetable (tonight was broccoli!) and some cous cous.

2 comments:

  1. I like this recipe. Your mom made it when she was here. I also make it sometimes. I love that it's super easy to make and the meat gets so tender that it melts in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It's always so good, and the onions give it so much flavor. I've also added mushrooms to it which are also good.

    ReplyDelete